This board is NO longer in operation. Please feel free to join us at our new site.

The address of the new board is http://www.friends-of-nature.net/bb

Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Buzzards
Skylark
Super Loopy Moderator

Group: Administrators

RE: Buzzards

Well I haven't been out on many walks recently as the Smithy is taking up all of my time, but the woods where they live is not far at all, & I haven't seen them or heard them for ages. Every morning I scan the woods & the surrounding countryside for any sign of them & I never see them - maybe it's beause the weather has been so bad? I've seen plenty of Sparrowhawks - just no Buzzards Sad

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.

www.ejclark.co.uk

17-01-2008 10:11 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Nicola Main
FoN rules!!!

Group: Moderators

Your probably right Sky. This weather isn't very good for Buzzard watching they prefer dry, windy days where they can fly around on the thermals. Keep looking for them though!!!

Where is he, that giddy Sprite, Bluecap, with his colours bright, Who is blest as bird could be, Feeding in the apple tree.
22-01-2008 02:40 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Skylark
Super Loopy Moderator

Group: Administrators

I saw my first Buzzard this morning at the house! He was flying over towards the church! :)

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.

www.ejclark.co.uk

22-01-2008 07:42 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Goldfinch
Super Moderator

Group: Super Moderators

thats great Emy!!. Must be the drier weather we are getting up here then as I'm seeing at least 2 every day either at work or sitting on fenceposts by the roadside. yesterday I even saw one sitting on the roof of a house in marykirk! lol

A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like life itself.  

22-01-2008 08:27 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
-jc-123
Unregistered

Group: N/A

Falco-be patient almost sure their is buzzards down south because their is in northern ireland their is a breeding pair at my grans few miles away from me so i cant see why they wouldnt be in the republic.

08-02-2008 10:33 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Falco
Irish Hare

Group: Registered

Yes, there is a pair, just a couple of miles from my house, I feel very lucky to have them and I know the farmer of the land so he gives me information about them, chicks etc.

"Magpies aren't the reason for songbird decline"
09-02-2008 12:11 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Jean
Unregistered

Group: N/A

I heard the mewing of Buzzards this morning and eventually found them overhead - three of them extremely high up. What a lovely sound they made and what a wonderful sight! I wonder whether they are warning us of the storms to come?

09-03-2008 04:25 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: