This board is NO longer in operation. Please feel free to join us at our new site.

The address of the new board is http://www.friends-of-nature.net/bb

Pages (3): « First « 1 2 [3] Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Earth Quake
ellana
Wood Mouse

Group: Registered
RE: Earth Quake

I didn't feel this one at all here in Somerset, but I have experienced a few before in Cornwall - every couple of years we get a bit of a shake. The strongest one I felt was aboiut 5 years ago in Cornwall, again about 1am, and it sounded like a train approaching and then receding through a tube tunnel. It felt really weird, and I knew straight away what it was. Sounds odd, but it gave me a similar feeling of sweeping awe and power as the solar eclipse did even thoughit was only a relatively small one on the scale of things - I seem to remember 4. something?

Anyway, back to animals. Like I said, there seemed to be one every couple of years when I was growing up, and even if we didn't feel anything, we always knew when one was coming because our usually very laid back and gentle old border collie would go frantic, even before it happened!

27-02-2008 06:19 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Bluebell
Harvest Mouse

Well I was well and truly shaken at 1 am this morning,we live only 25miles from the centre of the quake,thought something was about to crash into the house at first, then thought one of the oil refineys along the Humber bank had had an explosion and it was shock waves, but no it was an earth quake, saw the neighbours in a different light!!!! all in our Jimjams:set4_lol:well the earth moved for a lot of people last night and all at the same time:wink2:

27-02-2008 08:28 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
wildbill1993
Field Mouse

i have been realey grouchy at school today because that stupid earth quake woke me up and i couldn't get back to sleep, i had only 4 hours sleep, i am shatered!!

obsesive copulsive forum user!
27-02-2008 08:41 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
_Abi_
Wood Mouse

Of course animals can sense the things we've lost the ability to sense..

Thats why I'm so attached to the wonderful animals that visit my windowsill... they're usually good indicators of stuff.. and that Tuesday, we'd seen no sign of any of them... I should've suspected something, but no.. this time, I didn't.
Lesson learnt... I should rely on them more often...!
All of Wednesday however, they were on some kind of mad feeding frenzy - like they'd all missed a day and of course, they all had double their rations!
Another point to note - birds. MEGA-sensitive animals...! I didn't see a single small bird all of Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday, I'm seeing birds I havent seen for absolutely ages..!!
Another point. Pigeons. Cooing louder on Tuesday from their prominently positioned perch at the top of the main doorway here... closer to the top floor than the ground floor, but when I hear them on the ground floor, something has GOT to be up!!

I think however, the lesson here is to learn from the animals... if American Indians believe in animal power, then so too do I! :)

http://www.audiocoffee.net <-- Internet Radio
http://www.youtube.com/audiocoffee <--videos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/audiocoffee/ <-- pics
29-02-2008 01:31 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Pages (3): « First « 1 2 [3] Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: