This board is NO longer in operation. Please feel free to join us at our new site.

The address of the new board is http://www.friends-of-nature.net/bb

Post Reply  Post Thread 

7 spot ladybird
OldGuiseleyGuy
Field Mouse

Group: Registered

7 spot ladybird

I wasn't sure which heading to post this thread but according to my Garden Wildlife book it is a beetle so I guess this is the right one.Anyway after all that waffle I just wanted to say I saw my first 7 spot of he year this morning.It was sunning itself by the gate. When I looked again this afternoon it had gone. I don't know if this is particularly early but I can't remember seeing one before in early February.Detective
John

All generalizations are false,including this one.
MØJAM
07-02-2008 04:36 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
daisyjan
Nutter

RE: 7 spot ladybird

John it sounds very early!  I will go and look on the UK Phenology Network and see if any are being recorded there yet.

If you are interested, they count sightings of all spring events. I have been doing it for three years  http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/

Dont ask me, I'm only here for the day.... :)
07-02-2008 09:18 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
daisyjan
Nutter

There has been 59 recordings from the 31-12-2007 to 07-02-2008 according to the UK Phenology Network.

None in South Wales yet, but I know where to look for them, so will keep my eyes peeled :set4_lol: Jan

07-02-2008 09:24 PM
OldGuiseleyGuy
Field Mouse

Thanks Jan,
I might go on there and record it.
John

All generalizations are false,including this one.
MØJAM
07-02-2008 09:35 PM
daisyjan
Nutter

You have to register etc etc and get passwords before they let you do it! :)

07-02-2008 09:59 PM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: